Important Dates in SCFCU History
- December 1953: The credit union was chartered as the Supervisory School District #2 FCU.
- March 1957: Charter 5 name changed to the Southeastern Chautauqua County School Employees FCU. Membership expanded to include employees of Pine Valley Central School. The office was located in various places until 1966.
- 1966-1998: The office was at the home of John and Jerry Felton in Jamestown.
- May 1998: Home era over. The office moved to 310 Fairmount Ave.
- October 1999: The CU merged with Southwestern Area Credit Union, adding the employees of Southwestern, Panama and Clymer school districts.
- November 1999: We officially became known as Southern Chautauqua Federal Credit Union.
- June 2004: SCFCU is granted a community charter.
- July 2004: A new branch office opened in Cherry Creek.
- September 2004: SCFCU merged with AFLEX FCU to add an SCFCU branch office in Westfield.
- December 2004: A branch office was opened in Clymer, NY.
- June 2005: The CU built a larger office at 168 E Fairmount Ave. in Lakewood, NY to replace the office in Jamestown.
- July 2005: SCFCU merged with JCC Federal Credit Union. The existing office at JCC was moved to a new location on the Jamestown campus.
- June 2011: SCFCU builds and moves into a new branch in Cherry Creek.
- November 2014: SCFCU opens a new branch in Brocton.
- April 2016: SCFCU builds and moves into a new branch in Jamestown.
The field of membership shall be limited to those having the following common bonds: Persons and other entities who live, work, worship, attend school, and do business within Chautauqua County NY.